Released: July 29, 20202
Notice for California Residents
If you are a California resident, please see the section below titled Additional Information for California Residents.
The Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, from third parties, and automatically through the Relax Platform.
Account and Profile Information: When you create an account and profile on the Relax Platform, we collect your name, contact information. Only Relax and you will have access to your profile information.
Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, through the Relax Platform, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Integrated Service Provider and Linked Networks. You can connect your existing Relax account with certain third-party networks like Google, for example (each a “Linked Network”). You can also elect to sign in or sign up to the Relax Platform through a Linked Network. If you elect to sign up through or connect a Linked Network, we receive certain profile and account information about you from the Linked Network. These Linked Networks may also appear in your profile. The specific information provided to us by Linked Networks is determined by you and these third parties, and may vary by network. In all cases, the permissions page for the Linked Network will describe the information being shared. You should consult their respective privacy policies for information about their practices. You may elect to use information from the Linked Network to populate your profile on the Relax Platform. For information on your choices, including how to disconnect a Linked Network from your Relax profile, see the Your Choices section below. You may also elect to connect and make and receive payments to and from use through third-party networks (“Integrated Service Provider”); if you do so, you will be allowing us to pass to and receive from the Integrated Service Provider your login information and other user data for payment purposes.
Engagement. We collect browsing information – such as IP address and location, date and time stamp, user agent, Relax cookie ID (if applicable), URL, unique advertising or content identifiers (if applicable) and time zone, and other information about user activities on the Relax Platform, as well as on third-party sites and services that have embedded our Relax pixels (“Pixels”), widgets, plug-ins, buttons, or related services. See the section below about Relax Ads and Personalization for more detailed information about how our Pixels may be used by publishers or users of our advertising services (“Ad Services”) on the Relax Platform to enable personalization, as well as your choices related to advertising and personalization. We may also receive information about you from third parties, such as other users, partners (including ad partners), or our affiliated companies.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your personal information – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. Relax uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services. To provide you the services we offer on the Relax Platform and make the Relax Platform available to the public, communicate with you about your use of the Relax Platform, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- Personalization. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in the Relax Platform, to suggest followers and content, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Relax Platform.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third-party products and services.
- Analytics. To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use the Relax Platform; to evaluate and improve the Relax Platform, including the Ad Services and personalization, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
Service Providers. We may share your information with third-party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers.
Business Transfers. We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
Protection of Rights. We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of Relax, its users, or others.
Your Content and Public Information. Your content, including your name, profile information is available for your viewing only. Public viewing includes availability to non-registered visitors and can occur when users share your content across other sites or services. In addition, your content may be indexed by search engines. In some cases, we may charge for access to your content and public information on the Relax Platform. See the section below about Your Choices for information about how you may change how certain information is shared or viewed by others.
Metrics. We may share with our advertisers or publishers aggregate statistics, metrics and other reports about the performance of their ads or content in the Relax Platform such as the number of unique user views, demographics about the users who saw their ads or content, conversion rates, and date and time information. We do not share IP addresses or personal information, but certain features may allow you to share your personal information with advertisers on our platform if you choose to do so. We may also allow our advertisers or publishers to use Pixels on the Relax Platform in order to collect information about the performance of their ads or content.
Anonymized and Aggregated Data. We may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
Cookies, Pixels and Tracking
We and our third-party providers use local storage, log files, and other mechanisms to automatically collect and record information about your usage and browsing activities on the Relax Platform and across third-party sites or online services. We may combine this information with other information we collect about users. Below, we provide a brief summary of these activities.
- Analytics Tools. We may use internal and third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third-party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within the Relax Platform in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking by third parties as discussed in the Relax Ads and Personalization section below. You may also opt out of tracking by Relax Pixels, as described below in Relax Ads and Personalization.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. Relax has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website/mobile app or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using the Relax Platform on a shared or unsecured device.
Access and Amend Your Information
You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You may also make a number of other adjustments to settings or the display of information about you as described in more detail in the following section about Your Choices.
You may, of course, decline to submit information through the Relax Platform, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also control the types of notifications and communications we send. Here is some further information about some of your choices:
Emails and Communications. When you join the Relax Platform by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service, you will receive the Relax digest containing content that we believe may match your interests. You can manage your email and notice preferences in your account profile settings, under your Emails and Notifications settings. If you opt out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Credentials. You can change your credentials that are displayed in your profile or in connection with a specific answer.
Deleted or Deactivated Account. If you choose “Delete Account” in your profile’s “Privacy Settings,” then all of your content will be removed on the Relax Platform, and it may not be restored by us, even if you change your mind. If you choose “Deactivate Account,” then you will no longer receive any communications from us; however your content will remain on the Relax Platform. Once you deactivate your account, you can reactivate it any time by choosing to log in.
Linked Networks. You may connect or disconnect your Linked Networks, such as Google, through the Account Settings tab in your profile settings, and you may access, amend and delete much of your profile information through your profile settings. Once you disconnect a Linked Network, we will not receive information from that Linked Network going forward unless you choose to reconnect it. You may also control whether the Linked Network is visible in your profile. Please see this page for more information about Linked Networks and the Relax Platform
Transferring Your Data
Relax is headquartered in the United States, and has operations, entities and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions (including the United States) that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
Links to Other Websites
Additional Information for California Residents
This section provides information organized in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) for residents of California about how we handle certain personal information we have collected over the past 12 months.
- Collect. The section above entitled The Information We Collect discloses the categories of personal information that we collect, which include your account and profile information, your content, your communications with us, your information you provide from linked networks, information about your activity on Relax, and how you engage with our Relax.
- Use. The section above entitled How We Use Your Information discloses the that the categories of personal information we collect are used to provide our services, for personalization, to provide advertising in order to generate income to operate Relax, to promote our services to you, to analyze how our services are used, to comply with law, and to prevent misuse of Relax.
- Disclose. The section above entitled How We Share Your Information discloses that we share your personal information with, service providers, affiliates, law enforcement authorities, and as needed with third parties to provide our services.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. Relax may share your personal information with third parties and third parties may collect your personal information as described above in the How We Share Your Information section.
We do not collect personal information from consumers that we know are younger than 16 years old.
Requests for Deletion, Copy and Right to Know Your Information. California consumers have the right to make the following requests, which we endeavor to honor from non-California residents as well:
- Deletion. You have the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you.
- Copy and Right to Know. You have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including the categories of information, sources, and purposes of collection, as well as categories of third parties we have shared it with.
- Designated Agent. You may designate an agent to make a request on your behalf. That agent must have access to your account in order for us to verify the request.
You can submit a deletion, copy and right to know request by emailing us at privacy@Relaxapp.org. You will need access to the email account associated with your Relax account in order to verify your identity and complete this process.
Non-Discrimination. Relax will not discriminate against you, including by denying or providing a different level or quality of goods or services should you choose to exercise your options under the CCPA.
Your California Privacy Rights under California’s Shine-the-Light Law. California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the types of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to privacy@Relaxapp.org.
184 Norridgewock Ave,
Skowhegan, ME 04976.